Just like you, we have been monitoring the evolution and impact of coronavirus (COVID-19). It is our utmost priority to ensure our customers are feeling safe when considering to purchase our wine. We would like to share with you the safety measures that we have adopted, and explain how the governments restrictions will affect our service (updated 23 March 2020):
Precautions with our wine production include:
- All of our wines were bottled in Australia pre-2018 to 2019, well in advance of the initial outbreak of COVID-19.
- The packaging we use is 100% Australian made (including glass, screw caps and cardboard boxes).
Supply chain & logistic precautions include:
- Our warehouse & logistic chain is managed in a way with minimal human contact.
- Our drivers no longer offer their pens for signing invoices at retail outlets and we home deliver without driver contact to you the customer.
Events and sales precautions include:
- Due Victoria's restrictions on indoor events of over 100 people, all wine related events and pop-up sales have been postponed until late 2020 (or until ban is lifted).
- We will be offering FREE Australia Wide Delivery until April 30th (or until conditions change).
No Cellar door sales, or face to face interactions - front door delivery only.
Internal employee precautions including:
- Meetings with clients and contractors are now being arranged via phone or Skype.
- Business travels and convention attendance has been restricted for all staff members.
- Requesting that staff who travel outside of Australia self-quarantine themselves for 14 days upon their return, as per current guidelines.
- Employees presenting common cold or flu-like symptoms are asked to stay home.
We will continue to monitor updates provided by the government and suggest that you consume our wines in moderation, as excessive use of alcohol will lower your immune system.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
We thank you for your continued trust in our family business.
~ Winemaker & Director of Orbach Family Wines
(Side Gate + Georgie Orbach wines)